(Includes Children’s Policy)
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, enter a sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When registering or participating in a contest or promotion, we may ask you for your name, date of birth, e-mail address, mailing address, daytime phone number, or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously without registering.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- We also receive and store click-stream data and other information about visits to our websites. This information is used to analyze and improve the website experience.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To learn about site visitors and customers and to tailor specific features, promotions, or other notifications to you.
- If you have opted-in to receive MAVERIK e-mail, we may send you periodic e-mails from MAVERIK. If you have not opted-in to receive MAVERIK e-mail, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we use “cookies?”
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient — like the features mentioned above &md and some of our services will not function properly.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting MAVERIK’s business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information in aggregate form may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
A special note to parents
We realize that many children will visit our site, and we therefore encourage children to consult with their parents before submitting any information to any website, including ours. We encourage parents to supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other personal information online without parental permission. For additional information about parental control tools, in the U.S. please consult the “Consumer Assistance” page of the Direct Marketing Association home page and in Canada please consult the Privacy & Ethics page of the Canadian Marketing Association website at www.the-cma.org.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Terms and Conditions
Online policy only
How to contact us
What personal information do we collect from children and how do we collect it?
When a child attempts to register on the site, the child will be required to provide his or her name, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, mailing address, and day phone number, as well as to create a user name and password. The child will also be given the option of providing the child’s evening phone number, product sizing information, favorite sport, and other information regarding the child’s preferences or interests, and will be asked whether he or she wants to be on our e-mailing list. When a child attempts to enter a contest or promotion or use certain other features of the site, we will ask for a date of birth and some additional information which may be required to register. We also receive and store click-stream data and other information about visits to our websites.
When a child under the age of 13 attempts to submit his or her registration information, or a child who has not registered attempts to enter a contest, promotion or use certain other features that require the collection of personal information, our system will reject the submission and give the child the option of downloading and/or printing a parental consent form, which the child may ask his or her parent or guardian to sign and mail or fax to us. The consent form will request the information initially requested during the online registration process. We will not collect or retain any personal information from a child under the age of 13 (until we receive a signed parental consent form.
How do we use information about children?
We use the information described above:
- To personalize the site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which visitors are most interested.
To allow us to better respond to customer service requests.
- To learn about site visitors and customers and to tailor specific features, promotions, or other notifications to them.
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If a child has opted-in to receive MAVERIK e-mail, we may send them periodic e-mails from MAVERIK with information on products, website content, or events.
Children under the age of 13 will never be asked to consent to disclosure to outside parties, and their personal information will not be disclosed to any outside parties, except as described below. A parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to our collection and use of personal information about a child will never be treated as consent to disclosure of that information to outside parties. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting MAVERIK’s business, or servicing your child as long as such parties have agreed to keep customer data confidential. We may release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Website policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We are prohibited from conditioning a child’s participation in an activity or contest on the disclosure of any more personal information than is reasonably necessary to allow the child to participate in that activity.
How do we protect information about children?
We are required by law to take reasonable security measures to protect personal information about children. Registration information submitted by a child’s parent cannot be modified except through submission of a modified parental consent form or other written request. All such information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons and contractors who have special access rights to such systems. All contractors have agreed to keep this information confidential. All sensitive information supplied by children is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be used and accessed only as described in this policy.
How can parents review their child’s personal information and prevent its use or disclosure?
A parent or guardian who permits personal information to be collected about their child may also submit a signed written request to review or modify the information about their child. Before disclosing information about a child, we may request that the parent provide reasonable information about the parent for identification purposes, such as the parent’s name, address, phone number, or other information.
We will delete personal information about a child upon receipt of a written request from the parent or guardian who initially submitted such information. In the event of such a request, we will retain only information necessary for record keeping and customer service for past transactions.
Click here to download the parental consent form. You can mail or fax this form to:
4697 Crossroads Park Dr Liverpool, NY 13088